Mark Shuttleworth Interview for Software Freedom Day
Mark Shuttleworth, second self-funded Cosmonaut and creator of the Ubuntu Linux distribution, answers questions about Open Source software, flying in space, his decision to start Ubuntu, what Ubuntu means, and the progress of Ubuntu and free, open source software.
Run time 14.5 minutesProduction Company CanonicalAudio/Visual sound, colorLanguage English
1. Would you first please tell us how how you got involved in open source?
2. We know you were the first African in space. Tell us a little about that decision and the experience.
3. What made you decide to put your money and efforts into the Ubuntu project?
4. Why was the Ubuntu name chosen, and what does it mean?
5. How do feel about the progress of the open source movement and Ubuntu to date?